Looking for an easy sweet preparation for Rakhi? Try out the easy to make and simple Rava Laddus on the occasion of this Raksha Bandhan.
- Rava (Semolina) - 3 cups
- Almonds, Cashew, Walnuts
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Milk - 3-4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Dried Coconut - 2 tsp
- Saffron strands - 3 to 4
- Powdered Cardamoms - 2 to 3
- Take milk in a cup and put the saffron strands into it.
- In a thick bottom pan fry Rava with ghee, stirring it continuously, till it changes its color.
- Then add the dry fruits (nuts, coconut and cardamom) and keep stirring.
- Add sugar to it when you start feeling the aroma and stir for at least 10 mins. Take the saffron flavored milk and pour it into the mixture and then remove it from heat.
- Once the mixture cools down a bit, lubricate your palms with oil (so that the mixture doesn't stick in your hands) and make small balls out of the mixture. The crispy Rava Laddus are ready to be served.