Gujjias are an all time favorite sweet for the Raksha Bandhan celebrations. Here we are bringing the recipe for Gujia preparation, on the occasion of Rakhi.
- Flour- 500 grams (for 50 Gujias)
- Khoya- 1000 grams
- Raisins- a few
- Almonds and dry fruits- 200 grams
- Cooking oil - 6 tablespoon for kneading the dough and a substantial amount for deep-frying the Gujias
- Water- 250 ml.
- Sugar- 500 grams
- Take oil and flour and mix them together so that they are bound together. Now add some water and knead the entire mixture thoroughly. After a while it forms soft dough; now cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside.
- The next step involves light frying of khoya in oil and then mixing it with sugar. Afterwards, add almonds, raisins and other dry fruits and fry for a few more minutes. Let the whole mixture cool for some time.
- Now, take the kneaded dough and start making little rotis (chapattis). Fill the half of each roti (chapattis) with the khoya mixture and fold the rotis to seal the sides to make sure that the khoya mixture is securely wrapped inside. The edges can be sealed securely either by fingertips or a plastic cover which is exactly the shape of a gujia.
- Now the most important part of the preparation. Keep the flames low and deep fry the gujias until they become golden brown. Place the gujias on a newspaper or tissue paper so that the oil drains away.
- The mouth watering and delicious gujias are ready to be served!