Rakhi is a festival celebrated to cherish the beautiful and loving relationship between brothers and sisters. The occasion is a symbol of love, wherein the sister prays for her brother's long life and prosperity, while the brother offers to protect her sister from all miseries and harm. A day of grand celebration in the Hindu religion, Raksha Bandhan further strengthens the bond between the siblings through gift exchange. Searching for gifts begins long before the day actually arrives, with people finding a perfect one for their siblings. Read through the following lines to find some ideas on decorative presents for Raksha Bandhan.
Rakhi Decorative Gift Ideas
Decorative gifts make a special present on the festival of Rakhi. Read the article to explore some decorative gift ideas for Raksha Bandhan.
Rakhi Festival : Rakhi Gifts : Rakhi Decorative Gifts
Rakhi Decorative Gifts
- Make a decorative thali by lining its inner base with imitation red velvet fabric and designing it with a red and yellow bandhini printed fabric. Cover the rims of the thali with light-golden tassels. Line up 3 steel bowls embedded with imitation green beads. Place the vermillion powder, grains of rice and saffron or sandalwood paste in the bowls. Cover with a cellophane sheet, decorate with a bow and present.
- Swastika signs are worshipped for their purity. They are believed to provide protection to home, office or car, from evil sight. The sign also energizes your place and is considered a lucky charm. It is available in various styles, making a great gift item for Raksha Bandhan.
- In case you prefer the Feng Shui tradition, you can get the Pagoda Bell that can be hung to keep away from negative energy flow in your sibling’s home. This gift also proves to be great for students, as the bell would help youngsters to concentrate on their studies.
- A statue of Neelkanth, famously known as Swami Narayan Bhagwan, designed in elegant brass makes a good Rakhi decorative gift. The statue can be used to decorate home, office or temple. Its presence will increase the purity of the atmosphere.
- Another good option is to buy a candleholder set that is made of high quality thick glass. While lighting the candles, the fire will give out a halo like reflection on the table. Your sibling will surely love you for this.
- Tinkle bells, made in brass, make a good wall hanging, apart from spreading the golden glow of gracious hospitality on all the visitors at home. They make a distinctly different kind of a door chime too. What can be a better decorative gift for Raksha Bandhan!
- If your sibling appreciates art, what can be better than a painting for gracing the walls of his / her home? Make sure that you select the painting from a genre that he/ she likes. Even better, try to get one from the collection of his/ her favorite artist!