Coconut Burfis form an important part of the Rakhi sweet recipes. Go ahead and try out this coconut Burfi recipe on this Raksha Bandhan.
- Scrapped coconut -2 cups
- Coarsely shredded coconut -1 cup
- A few drops of yellow color
- 8-10 strands of saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm water
- sugar-1 1/2 Cups
- Milk-1 cup
- Ghee -1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
- Mix both scrapped and coarsely shredded coconut in a large pan.
- Add milk to the mixture and cook till froth starts appearing.
- Stir the mixture while cooking. Do it for about 15 minutes.
- Now, add saffron, color and cardamom to the existing mixture.
- At the same time, start boiling sugar to make sugar syrup.
- Pour it into the coconut mixture, stirring gently and continuously.
- Afterwards, add ghee and continue stirring, till a soft bulge is formed.
- Put the whole mixture into a large plate which is greased. Spread the mixture very lightly.
- Cool the mixture so that it solidifies and cut it into squares or any other shape that you want.