Raksha Bandhan celebrates the cherished bond between a brother and a sister. The 'bandhan' is secured by a thread of love from a sister, which she ties on the wrist of her brother. The brother, in turn, vows to protect her. This pact is usually sealed with a gift, which also forms a token of love. Rakhi is an occasion of fun, frolic and feasting, and no Indian celebration can reach its pinnacle without its fair share of gifts and sweets. Initially, traditional sweets topped the list as the most loved gifts. However, over time, cakes and chocolates are believed to have found their way into the hearts of gift-buyers. Go ahead and choose from the list cake gift ideas for Raksha Bandhan, as given below. They are sure to win your sibling's heart.
Rakhi Cake Gifts
Rakhi is a time of fun, feasting and merry making. Make it special with the delightful Raksha Bandhan cake gift ideas given here.
- Cakes make for excellent gifts and flatter your palettes! If your sibling loves to gorge on cakes, try baking some of your much-loved brownies. They look festive and melt in the mouth. So indulge him/her this Rakhi with dark, sinfully delicious brownies and steal the limelight!
- Chocolate cakes are indispensable to Rakhi celebration if your brother or sister has a penchant for chocolates. You can choose from the exotic array of chocolate cakes - chocolate rum cakes, fudge cakes, and chocolate orange cakes, or even try your own innovative chocolate cake recipe to delight them!
- You can barely go wrong with something as tantalizing as pineapple cakes. They look elegant and taste heavenly. The pineapple chunks add to the sweet and sour bite of the cake. So, try this as your Rakhi gift and win the accolades.
- Rich fruitcake is a cake lover’s delight! Made from melted butter, sherry, brandy, dried fruits, carrots, bananas, walnuts, and almonds, it can be a scrumptious end to your extensive Rakhi celebration.
- If you wish to treat your sibling to something exotic this Rakhi, try the Genoese cake. This cake contains heaps of chocolate, fruit, pastry cream, whipped cream, and egg yolk. A mouth-watering gift indeed!
- Add spice to your celebration with spicy honey ginger cake. This cake boasts of cocoa, honey, golden syrup, black treacle, dark brown sugar, and rich spices. A delectable treat for one with a sweet tooth!
- You can also add a raisin cake to your gift list. The rich taste of dark roasted raisins and the warm aroma of melted butter are sure to get your brother or sister asking for more.
- No celebration is complete without the black forest cake. Treat your siblings to these soft creamy delights. They are sure to remember the cake for ages!